Are you looking for the best blender to make a smoothie, some pesto or even chili? Do you hate getting chunks in your puree even after blending for minutes? Does your old blender liquefy instead of crush ice? This is where your search ends.
My blog is where you will find good blenders, and finally get the right consistency for your smoothie, cream base, baby food or salad dressing!
How To Choose The Best Blender
I didn’t realize there were two types of blenders until someone brought a hand blender to my home party some years ago. I mean, I knew the hand blender existed, but I didn’t place both types of blender together – they look so different!
|Countertop blender – Good for blending a large amount, for a longer period, or blending many ingredients altogether, e.g. chili paste. Depending on the horsepower, this can be powerful enough to blend ice for smoothies. ($15 – $1000)|
|Immersion blender – Good for blending small amounts quickly and creaming soup directly in the pot so that you don’t have to transfer hot soup to and from the blender. Usually has small power and unsuitable for blending ice. ($15 – $400)|
After deciding which type of blender you want (many good cooks have both!), it’s time to look at your expectations of the blender. Since the quality and price range of blenders are so greatly varied, it’s important to know whether you should go for that $500 high quality blender that will do all the things you want it to do, or whether that $30 personal blender will do just fine. Here are some questions and answers that will help you find the right blender.
- Do you want a heavy duty blender that has kneading functions?
– A blender-mixer saves countertop space by combining both functions, but be prepared to pay twice or more times the price of a normal blender.
- Do you want to crush ice?
– Get a blender with good power.
- Do you want to blend big batches of food at any one go?
– Get a jar blender with big capacity.
- Do you just want to blend personal sized drinks?
– Get a small blender that is travel-friendly and easy to wash.
If you’re looking for a countertop blender, go to my guide here for more on how to select kitchen blender models.
My Blender Reviews & Top Picks
There are many famous brands for blenders. Among them are KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Oster, Braun, Vita-Mix, etc. To help you in your choice, I have done a thorough research and these are the best blenders I came up with.
- Best Countertop Blenders – My picks for counter top models.
- Best Smoothie Blenders – My picks on the top smoothie blenders.
- Best Hand Blenders – My picks for the best immersion blenders.
- Best Personal Blenders – My picks on small blenders to make personal size drinks.
- Best Selling Blenders – The top ten bestselling countertop blenders and handheld blenders on Amazon.
- Professional Bar Blender – Powerful blender for your cocktails and smoothies.
- Blender with Glass Jar – A glass jar has several advantages over plastic jars; click to find out why and which the top blenders with glass jar is.
- Blender for Coffee Shop – My pick of a great blender for commercial use.
- Blender with Juicer Attachment – Blend and juice with just one machine.
- Blender with Chopper Attachment – One simple tool for simple cooking.
Over the years, I’ve had my fair share of good and bad blenders. My blender blog here has all my reviews on the best ones, from all price ranges to suit different needs.
- Best Countertop Blender – This quality blender comes with a reasonable price!
- Best Heavy Duty Countertop Blender – This blender can do anything from blending a simple pesto to kneading bread!
Frozen fruits and solid ice are normally used to make smoothies. Throw them straight into the blender, and at least 500 watts of blending power is required to make them smooth and creamy. Get a smoothie blender that is higher than 500 watts, lest you’ll chew, not drink. Here are a few guidelines to help you find the best blender for smoothies.
How many people are you making the smoothie for? Sizes of blenders differ from those that are for household use and those for industrial purpose. Your need to occasionally hold party should be looked at too; for you obviously don’t want to keep blending from a small device. And a small blender can’t attract attention.
It’s advisable to get glass jug because it’s easy to clean internally and stylish externally. Intelligently-designed jugs are actually detachable cups, from which you can drink straight from it, saving you time to look for and clean another glass.
Make sure the lid is tight enough to prevent the contents from spilling out while blending. Some interesting lids have an opening for you to add extra ingredients while blending is going on.
Plastic bases, lacking the weight of metal, tend to be unstable while the blender is on. It rattles while blending and as a consequence, the blade has to be slowed down, resulting in chunky contents. On the contrary, metal bases are sturdy, durable and can handle heavy duties.
For convenience, some blenders have taps at the bottom where you can open, let your smoothie flow into a glass and close it again, instead of removing the lid and detaching the jug.
- Smoothie Blender Top Picks – Great blenders for frozen drinks.
- Best Value Smoothie Blender – This is your best blender for green smoothies and protein shakes at a value price.
- Best High Quality Blender for Smoothies – Powerful and multi functional.
Hand Blenders/Immersion Blenders
To choose the best immersion blender or hand blender, quality is a factor to consider over price. You don’t want to buy a $90 hand blender to find that it has a flawed design problem that no warranty claims will solve. Nor do you want to make warranty claims every few months. So how do you pick a hand blender?
Check out these few points:
- Stainless steel blades that are sharp and sturdy
- Streamlined body or shaft that will not attract stains easily
- Easy to clean or dishwasher safe parts
- Quiet operation
- Ergonomic design for a comfortable grip
- Hand Blender Top Picks – Use a handheld blender for quick blends and save a ton of time.
- Best Value Immersion Blender
- Best Budget Immersion Blender
- Best Immersion Blender with Attachments
- Best Small Blender – This personal blender is compact enough for small kitchens and portable enough for your workplace.
And here are some of my favorite blender models.
- Oster Beehive 4093 Osterizer – This blender is very good indeed for its price.
- Vitamix 5200 – Expensive but powerful blender that can do a multitude of tasks.
- Hamilton Beach Personal Blender – This small blender is great for travel and personal use.
- Cuisinart CSB-76 – A great hand blender for quick blending in the kitchen.
Top Blender Brands
Here is a list of all the top blender brands. Moms love Hamilton Beach, KitchenAid and Cuisinart, hardcore smoothie freaks love Vitamix and Blendtec, and all of us love Oster and Breville for their pretty design.
I don’t know everything about blenders, but I did make a ton of research and tried many blenders myself, thus the creation of this website. There is more to a blender than meets the eye, so I have compiled everything you should need to know before buying a blender.
I hope that by reading a few of my blog posts, you can find the best blender that gives you ease, convenience and good food (or drinks)! While you’re at it, here are some articles of interest:
- Make Hollandaise Sauce with a Blender
- How to Maintain a Blender
- Maximising the Use of Blenders
- And learn how to make smoothies!
Have fun looking for the best blender for smoothies, and definitely make lots of delicious, colorful and healthy smoothies with your blender!